RAINS have already met four times in the nine participating countries of the project, and agroforestry innovation have been identified all over Europe.
The following innovation factsheets present an innovation, which are examples from farmers, results from scientific experiments or demonstrations. They show agroforestry practices where you can find new opportunities and inspiration.
Read these factsheets and learn about a broad range of topics, such as the valorization of residues from the olive oil value chain, crop diversification, mushroom cultivation and other innovative ideas and practices that are being implemented across the nine AFINET regions!
Enjoy and get inspired!
- Do hedges help control pests and diseases in vineyards?
- Mushroom cultivation
- Using olive leaves by-products in grazed orchards
- New bio-products and innovative value chain from olive processing
- Managing the tree row understorey in agroforestry systems
- Alley cropping diversifies your farm and improves the environment
- Productive use of the tree row understorey