Job offer: The IUAF is looking for a SECRETARY-GENERAL. Do you have what it takes?
IUAF, the International Union of Agroforestry represents the world’s agroforesters – those who research the field, practice it, influence it, or are simply fascinated by it. The Union is freshly founded and has its registered office in Prague, Czechia. It is now looking for an innovative, ambitious executive leader to realise its promise and help fulfill its global mandate.
Reporting to the Board of IUAF, you will help fulfill the Union’s mission as detailed in its mission statement. Notably, you will:
- Participate in board meetings ex-officio
- Lead the Union’s head office, organize your work and that of those you will interact with both in the office and amongst the volunteers;
- Grow the Union’s global membership, ensuring that the necessary administrative and legal steps required are maintained
- Deliver excellent management, including HR and financial management;
- Keep and maintain detailed and accurate records;
- Help IUAF shape the global debates about nature-based solutions.
- Grow the Union’s influence on regional and global bodies such as the UN, the AU, the EU, ASEAN, UNCCD, UNFCCC, UNCBD, Mercosur etc.
- Design, manage and lead internal and external communications;
- Deliver great fundraising and marketing results;
- Deliver effective pitches to influential individuals and organisations in English. Other languages an asset;
- Support and liaise with the organisers of important events, and in particular with the World Congress on Agroforestry;
- Manage the process of selecting the cities organizing future World Congresses on Agroforestry under the guidance of the Board;
- Support other conferences and seminars as required;
- Identify and liaise with, or join, networks and organisations that can further the case of agroforestry around the world;
- Help agroforesters from around the world connect with one another and with those institutions and funders that can help them progress in their education or practice;
- Maintain an active interest in agroforestry across the globe, and be fully aware of the many different reasons for which farmers big and small, rich and poor, active anywhere in the world may consider adding trees to their farming systems – or not.
- You are a self-starter and a self-tasker, effortlessly capable of organizing yourself and the work of those, mostly volunteers, you will interact with;
- You are experienced in communication and business management.
- You display high proficiency in written and verbal English. Other languages an asset.
- You are a natural networker; and can generate enthusiasm, including the contribution of new volunteers;
- You are a rigorous and timely administrator;
- Your experience of managing civil society organisations is an asset;
- You have great communications skills, in particular on social media;
- You have published articles, papers, briefings, reports or other documents.
- You are a brilliant event and coalition convenor and organizer;
- You may be able to demonstrate success as a policy influencer;
- You have a broad understanding of agroforestry and its potential in various perspective
Duty Station and compensation
Prague. A competitive salary is on offer for this full-time position.
If you think you have what it takes, please send a motivational letter in English and a copy of your CV to president [at] iuaf [dot] org
The application deadline is 30 Oct-2021
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.